1. Bej: Located in Karakoy district, Bej is one of the best and fanciest coffeehouses you can choose while looking for a power up after a day of contemporary art. It’s very close to the must-see art galleries in Karakoy like Galeri Mana, Elipsis, artSümer and Egeran Gallery, Istanbul Modern, and also in a walking distance to Tophane area where you can find more that 10 amazing art spaces. You can enjoy a good latte, Turkish coffee or a delicious salad anytime you want.
Address: Kemankeş Cad. Fransız Geçidi No:11 Karaköy. On the web here.
2. Şimdi: When you start to approach Asmalimescit area, you find yourself in Şimdi Café. With its huge, lovely wooden tables and fancy architecture, their food and hot beverages are very enjoyable too. But here is the real deal: 2 floors above inside this amazing building, a beautiful art gallery welcomes you: ALAN Istanbul. All you look for, all at once. So if you’re around Tunel and looking for a place to go, don’t just miss it.
Address: Asmalı Mescit Sok. Atlas Apt. No:5 Asmalımescit. On the web here.
3. Privato: An amazing, hidden little place with delicious mantı and a lot of drinks- enjoy your coffee on your way to Galata for your little art walking or simply take a break there afterwards for a refreshing beer. Or, try their famous breakfast! Very close to Milk Gallery & Design Store, check them both if you ever drop by.
Address: Galip Dede Cad. Tımarcı Sok.No:3B Galata. Location
4. Kronotrop: Start walking from Galatasaray to Tophane – which is a great way for an artwalk, by the way – and look at your lefthand side. There you will find a very, very little coffee place called Kronotrop. You’ll know you’re there even from the sweet smell. Take your delicious cup of coffee with a reasonable price, smile and begin your Tophane art walk- Gallery Apel, Pi Artworks, Pg Art Gallery… you can find numerous good art spots. On the web here.
Address: Yeni Çarşı Caddesi No: 5/B Galatasaray.
5. Juno: A beautiful café with a beautiful garden, Juno locates itself at Nisantasi district. You can enjoy delicious herbal teas in winter and a breath-taking lemonade in summer. Nisantasi being one of the artistic hotspots in Istanbul, Juno is very close to the art galleries like Dirimart, x-ist, Pilevneli Project and lots of others.
Address: Mim Kemal Öke Caddesi No: 15, Nişantaşı. On the web here.
6. Backhaus: Again a nice restaurant in Nisantasi. Backhaus is right next to a small park, and again is very close to Nisantasi art scene. You can eat their toothsome pasta and desserts, take some fresh air in a peaceful atmosphere and carry on artwalking.
Address: Valikonağı Caddesi, Akkavak Sokak No:12, Teşvikiye. On the web here.
7. The Winston Brasserie: Akaretler district is the new hip art scene in Istanbul for a few years. You can find, alongside with several design stores, 5 very astonishing art galleries here: Kuad Gallery, C.A.M. Gallery, art ON, Mabeyn and Rampa. And there, right in front of art ON the gallery, you see The Winston Brasserie. Decorated with design pieces and filled with tasty beverages, you’ll definitely enjoy the soul of Akaretler here.
Address: Şair Nedim Caddesi No: 3, Akaretler, Beşiktaş. On the web here.
8. Kahve Dünyası Akaretler: Well, Kahve Dünyası is a franchise coffeeshop with good coffee but the real deal there is the ‘‘chocolate’’. Neighbors with The Winston Brasserie, Kahve Dünyası offers you heavenly desserts on your way to Akaretler art world.
Address: Şair Nedim Caddesi No: 13-15-17-19, Akaretler, Beşiktaş. On the web here.